Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Final Thesis Project – Fire and Ice

My first project this semester was a Maya animation that I need to clean up a little more, so I'll be posting that a bit later than normal. But it went very well and was very well received. I'll actually be working in Maya all this semester.

But the first one was small beans compared to the next project – the final project. THE LAST ONE BEFORE I AM FREE.

I wanted to find a theme that would translate well to greenhorn-level Maya, but would also allow for some neat imagery and interesting symbolism. So... how about some animals made out of ice? The next week will be spent modeling and rigging and texturing, and then the real fun begins. I have the basics of a story, but I'll come up with the details as I move along.


0 comments: